Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Banking
The internet has become such a huge part of people’s lives for the past couple of years now. It can be used to connect with people from all over the world, it can be used for educational purposes, and of course, to buy things online which is indeed very convenient to everyone. It is possible because of online banking. With this, you can simply send money or receive money from just one click, you can pay the bills without going anywhere. This can actually help you maintain and organize your financial life. However, like every other thing, it has its own advantages and disadvantages, and here are some of them.
It is possible because of online banking. With this, you can simply send money or receive money from just one click, you can pay the bills without going anywhere. This can actually help you maintain and organize your financial life. However, it has its own advantages and disadvantages, and here are some of them.
“[su_quote cite=”John Ziniader” class=”cust-pagination”]The functionality of online banking has stagnated in recent years. Over the last five years, banks have chosen to focus on usability and look and feel rather than on key functionality enhancements.” [/su_quote]
ADVANTAGES OF ONLINE BANKING
• One of the best advantages of online banking is the fact that you can actually pay your bills wherever you are. This will help you most especially if you have had problems before when it comes to needing stamps or the check being lost in the mail. Almost every bank nowadays has an app where you can set it all up by filling out some necessary information and then you can simply choose that every time you pay a certain bill online.
There are still banks that won’t let you pay online, so you can consider paying online through the company, but these companies may somehow charge certain convenience fees. There are also some places where they will charge a certain fee for a debit card, but this won’t happen if you set up a direct debit. Most banks also allow their account holders to take a photo of their checks to deposit them right away. So all of these mean that you can totally handle all of it without needing to go to the bank.
• Another advantage of online banking is that it actually allows you to access almost the entire history of your transactions wherever you may be as long as you have access to an internet connection. This is probably the quickest way to see if a certain transaction has cleared your account. This can also help you out when it comes to checking the amount of a transaction if ever you lost your receipt. Through online banking, you can also check if there are unauthorized transactions, and you can resolve it quickly.
• With online banking, you may also use it for when you go shopping online as well. However, you have to make sure that you are shopping on a trusted site such as Amazon.
• One of the greatest advantage of online banking is you can send money to your family and friends using just your phone. Transferring money has never been easier, this may not be as fast because it will still need to go between financial institutions but it is indeed much more convenient for both you and the person you’re sending money to.
By partnering with fintech startups, banks will give their account holders the right measure of security and speed. Account holders can know that their money is safe, and they can enjoy the latest financial technology.
DISADVANTAGES OF ONLINE BANKING
• It is true that you can view and make transactions through online banking, but there are times when face-to-face transactions are required most especially if there are complex transactions and technical address complicated problems. There are banks who can call in experts to solve a particular issue, but international online transactions may be a little too difficult or sometimes impossible to solve.
• There are also a lot of things that cannot be done through online banking such as insurance and brokerage accounts. There are traditional banks who actually sometimes offer certain services to their loyal account holders like preferred rates or even investment advice with no charge at all.
• One of the worst downside of online banking is its security. We are currently in a generation where technology is everything, it is indeed great to make transactions online but the fact that it is online mean that genius hackers can actually see your transactions or even worse, take your money. Yes, there are some security provided but almost anything online can be hacked, even a government website.
Have you had any problems when it comes to sending or receiving money online? Or for any online banking transactions. Let us know in the comments if you know any advantages and disadvantages.
More in Bank Stories
Jeff Bezos Might be a Multi-Billionaire, But He Refuses to Spend Because of This Surprising Reason
When you think about all that you would want to do if you had a billion dollars, we bet your list...June 25, 2019
Star Wars’ JJ Abrams Offered a $500-Million Production Deal by This Tech Giant
Mission: Impossible, Star Wars, Star Trek. What do all of these films have in common besides the fact they are the best...June 24, 2019
Looking for a New Renovation Project? Ikea is Recreating Rooms from Your Favorite TV Shows
IKEA has been the leading provider of strong, durable, and innovative appliances, furniture, and home products over the years. As its popularity grows, the prestigious...June 22, 2019
Sophie Turner Has a Reported $6-Million Net Worth: Here’s How She Rakes in the Moolah
HBO’s hit George R.R. Martin-based series “Game of Thrones” will come to a finality, which means fans will be left reeling....June 22, 2019
Private Jets, Bulletproof Panels and Secret Passages: What It Really Takes to Protect These Tech Billionaires
We’ve all heard that great power brings great responsibility, but sometimes it can also bring a serious threat to your life — especially...June 22, 2019
At 22, You Won’t Believe ‘Game of Thrones’ Star Maisie Williams’ Net Worth
“Game of Thrones” has ended and it may have left a sour taste in some fans’ mouths but we can all...June 22, 2019
Here’s Why Monaco’s Luxurious Prison is Most Likely Better than Your House
We bet if we ask you about imagining a prison, your response would most likely describe a dimly-lit structure with no...June 22, 2019
The Mistakes Charlie Sheen Has Made that Made Him Lose All His Millions
All of us love reading success stories whereby a person starts from nothing and, with consistent hard work and a little...June 22, 2019
Wendy Williams Delivers a Shocker By Choosing Not to Blame Husband in Divorce Filing
Although it seemed like everything was going fine in the world of Wendy Williams, a piece of shocking news surfaced just...June 22, 2019